We are now compatible with your Samsung Gear Fit2, S2, and S3 devices! To get started, please check the Gear App on your phone to make sure there are no available firmware updates. To check, open the Gear app > Settings > About Gear > Update Gear Software > Update now. You must be running the latest firmware on your Samsung Gear device in order for the UA Record app to work.
Once you've verified that your Gear device is running the latest firmware, please head to your Google Play Store to download the UA Record app for your phone. Once you have your account setup, go to the Galaxy App Store to download the Run with UA Record Gear app. This should automatically download the app to your Gear device.
- Ensure that you have a strong connection to a Wireless network prior to starting the UA Record app. A WiFi connection is necessary for the first time setup.
- Press the Home button on your Gear and scroll down to the UA Record app.
- If Record is not properly installed on your phone, a prompt will display giving you the option to download the app.
- If this is your first time setting up your Gear app, a prompt will appear asking you to sign-in to your MMR account. Select "Accept" on your phone and you are ready to rock-n-roll!
- NOTE: If you do not fully complete your profile prior to your first workout, the next time you open the app you may receive a "Check your network connection" error. Ensure that you have your phone with you and are on a WiFi connection to finish completing your profile setup. This process should not take longer than a few minutes.
After setup is complete, the pre-record screen will appear. Here you can select the activity type, see GPS signal strength, and start workout. Activity types available: Total Body, Upper Body, Legs, Abs/Core, Outdoor Run, Outdoor Walk, Hike, Outdoor Road Cycle, Treadmill, Elliptical, Indoor Walk, Indoor Bike Ride, Gym (Other), Aerobics, Yoga, Crossfit Class, Insanity Class, Workout Video, and General.
- Daily Summary is displayed, select "Start Workout"
- Pick your activity type
- Select "Start Workout" once more
- Three second countdown will begin
- Stats are now visible
- For GPS trackable workouts, the stats are as follows: duration, distance, pace, avg. pace, calories
- For non-GPS trackable workouts, the stats are as follows: duration and calories
How can I tell if I have a GPS signal?
Currently, you can see GPS signal strength prior to starting your workout. The chart below shows GPS strength from strongest (green) to least (red), as well as a GPS error or non-GPS trackable workout.
- NOTE: In order to use the built-in GPS in your Gear device, you must go to your device settings by selecting the Home button > Settings > Connections > Location > switch "On". Now you can use the GPS from your Gear and workout without your phone!
How do I view my Heart Rate data while working out?
Easy! Performing a lateral swipe to the left will show you your Heart Rate data which includes current HR, HR zone, avg. HR, max HR, intensity, and Willpower. The color corresponds to which Heart Rate zone you are currently in. We will be incorporating HR into the calories burned for each workout.
- HR zone 1 = Blue
- HR zone 2 = Green
- HR zone 3 = Yellow
- HR zone 4 = Orange
- HR zone 5 = Red
How do I pause or save my workout?
In order to pause your workout, select the "back" button once. Select "Finish" to see the workout summary, and scroll to the bottom to Save or Discard workout.
- NOTE: Workouts will be saved locally until a network or WiFi connection is established. If your workout has not uploaded, refresh upload by performing a force kill on the app (hitting the Home button) and relaunching. Upon relaunch your unsynced workouts will attempt to sync to the servers provided that a network or WiFi connection is strong.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use my Gear S2 or S3 with your apps?
Yes! Our app is now compatible with Samsung Gear S2 or S3.
Are steps and sleep imported from my Gear device into Record?
Yes! We are now integrated with S Health. To learn more, check out our article on the S Health Integration.
Can I workout without my phone?
Yes! However, you must start the UA Record Gear app while your phone is still connected. Once the app has loaded, you can leave your phone behind and enjoy the hassle-free workout.