We are aware that the latest version of the UA Record application for iOS users may occasionally crash mid-workout. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and are continually working to improve Record's reliability. In some instances this crash may be related to iOS shutting down the app if it determines that it is not important. Here are some tips to prevent this from occurring:
- Phone settings > Record > Location = Always
- Phone settings > Record > Motion & Fitness = On
- Phone settings > Record > Background App Refresh = On
- Force quit other apps running before you start tracking a workout: double press the Home button and flick all other apps upward to quit them. You should be able to safely stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, etc.
- Connect to a Bluetooth Smart Heart Rate Monitor if you have one, this can help.
- In Record Settings, set More > Settings > Keep screen on to On.
- Don't turn off your screen using the power button on your phone.
- Don't take photos, videos, or edit them while tracking.
If you have any additional questions, or if this issue is repeatedly occurring, please let us know by submitting a ticket with debug logs. This will allow our team to better investigate the source of these crashes.
As always, we appreciate your patience and understanding while we strive to make Record great!