Connecting UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ Headphones to UA Record
Before attempting to connect your headphones to your mobile phone, make sure to:
- Download and install UA Record on your phone. Note: version 3.11 of UA Record is required in order to connect to the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones. Check the app store for an update to ensure you're on the latest version.
- Turn on Bluetooth® on your phone
- Place your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ near your phone
1. Once the above steps have been completed, open the UA Record app and tap on the UA Sync icon in the upper right > locate the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ > tap to connect.
2. Turn on your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ by pressing and holding the middle button for at least three seconds. You should hear "power on" and "looking for device" and see flashing lights coming from the device. Follow the prompts on the screen to complete setup.
3. Open your phone's bluetooth settings and look for UA|JBL Audio and tap it to connect, as shown below. iOS (left), Android (right)
4. Return to UA Record app and the connection process will complete. If the UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ does not connect to your phone after following each of these steps, please view these troubleshooting steps.
To begin recording a workout with UA Record, tap the red + icon > select Workout > Track Workout. Select your activity type and workout preferences and tap "Begin Workout." Your HR Zone and beats per minute should be visible throughout your workout. You can even turn on Voice Feedback to have your HR announced while you workout!
Connecting UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ Headphones to UA Band™
Before attempting to connect your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ to your UA Band™, make sure to:
- Upgrade UA Record to at least version 3.11
- Upgrade UA Band™ firmware to 188.8.131.52
- Pair your UA Band™ to UA Record
- Pair your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ to UA Record (instructions above)
- Power on and place your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ near your UA Band™
To connect UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™to your UA Band™, follow the instructions below:
- Open and background the UA Record app. To background an app, return to your phone's home screen, but do not force quit the application.
- Move away from all other Bluetooth devices within a 30 ft proximity.
- Navigate to the Fitness screen of your UA Band and choose an activity (do not start a workout).
- Wait 5-10 seconds while the heart icon blinks until the UA Band's LED light illuminates with a light that corresponds to your HR zone. Your will hear "searching for heart rate" in the headphones.
- Begin workout on your UA Band.
If you cannot connect these devices after following each of these steps, please view these troubleshooting steps.
Using UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ Headphones Manually
- Put on your UA Sport Wireless Heart Rate™ headphones and power them on by pressing the center button on the remote.
- Tap and hold on the outside of the right earbud. Hold down for 3 seconds to turn HR sensor on or off.
- When the HR sensor is on, you can tap the right earbud once at any time during your workout for an instantaneous HR reading.
- Blue/red/blue/red blinking = headphones are in discovery mode and are searching for a device
- Blue light blinking = headphones are currently paired to a device via Bluetooth
- Solid red light = charging