Below are a few instructions to help guide you through connecting your Bluetooth device on iPhone 4S and newer, and all Android phones with at least Android OS 4.3 and Bluetooth Smart compatibility. Devices will not connect if you do not have these prerequisites.
The instructions below explain the process for connecting a heart rate monitor specifically. The same steps apply for other bluetooth sensors with the exception of moistening electrodes. After recording a workout with heart rate data, or other information, your max HR and your WILLpower will be displayed in the workout summary.
To pair a Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor:
- Go to your device's General Settings > Bluetooth. Turn Bluetooth ON. Do not attempt to pair from this screen.
- If using a chest strap, moisten the oval sensor pads on the heart rate monitor where they make contact with your skin. Put the heart rate strap on, with the plastic heart rate transmitter resting just below your sternum. Ladies, this should rest just below a sports bra. For most other Bluetooth Smart sensor connection this step is omitted.
- Open the UA Record app and tap the "UA Sync" icon in the top right corner of the Dashboard.
- Select Heart Rate Monitor, or the appropriate sensor you wish to connect.
- After selecting you device type, a connect screen will appear. Before clicking ‘Connect,’ MAKE SURE that your heart rate strap is being worn and that the sensor pads are moist and in contact with your chest. Once the connection has been made, you will be able to see your current heart rate on the display screen.
- Once heart rate is visible, return to the Record Dashboard and tap the red " + " button to begin tracking a workout.
- After selecting 'Track Workout,' you are able to view your workout stats, including your current heart rate for your workout.
These tips not working? Check our Bluetooth Troubleshooting article.